Finance, Administration & Planning
This department provides support services to the attainment of the Commissions goals and objectives. These include planning, financial management and accounting, human resource management, records management, procurement services, logistics and fleet management and general administration.
The planning unit in particular performs the following responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate all planning and budgeting function of the Commission
- Preparation and review of a comprehensive five year strategic plan
- Preparation of Annual and Mid-term plans in line with the approved five year strategic plan, Policies, Programs and projects.
- Compile and consolidate quarterly and annual progress reports and submit to the management team and the Commission for further action
- Keeping abreast with government business and priorities.
- Setting up regional offices
- Maintenance and repairs of vehicles and machinery
- Staff recruitment
- Develop human resource manual and human resource policy
- Capacity building and needs assessment reports
Legal Services & Investigations
The department performs the following functions:
- To receive and assess complaints
- Coordinating mediation and arbitration proceedings.
- Formulating strategies for and organizing investigations.
- Drafting legal documents for the Commission.
- Rendering legal advice to the Commission.
- To make investigations and follow up of complaints.
- To develop assessments guidelines.
- To carry out inspections and report on investigations and compliance with the equal opportunities produced.
- Preparing and prosecuting breaches against equal opportunities policies, laws and practices.
Education, Training, Information and Communication
This department is mandated to carry out the following activities:
- Develop the communications strategy.
- Develop and propagate information ,education and communication national wide for awareness purposes
- Review customs and traditions issues that undermine equal opportunities
- Hold community and public dialogues pertaining to equal opportunities
- Establish information and educational progammes to facilitate and promote public awareness on understanding of equal opportunities.
- Carry out media campaigns
- Designing and implementing training programmes
- Handling the Commission’s external and internal communication and dissemination of information.
Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Doing an analysis of equal opportunities, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of policy implementation
- Monitoring and evaluation of plans, programmes and projects to ensure they are in line with the National Development Plan
- Provision of information on the performance of various parties or stakeholders in regards to equal opportunities
- Compile and submit reports.